Friday, March 13, 2009

Don't Wait

To be honest, being single, I hadn't really spent much time "studying" Proverbs 31. Sure I had read it, but not really given it much thought because I was the dreaded "S" word...Single. So...good...I am off the hook. {smile} Then one day it happened one day at church, someone actually used this passage to describe me. Wow, I was overwhelmed. There, standing before the church, was a lady I deeply respected and she was honoring me by considering me a Proverbs 31 woman...even though I was single. It was priceless. Even after the years have passed and I live far away, that is a day I will never forget.

After recently attending a funeral for my friend's parent, I thought...how silly that we wait until people are gone to tell how special they are to us.

So here's my challenge...think back over the years...who are the ladies that have positively influenced you? Are any of them...hard workers, willing to help others, wears strength & dignity, or fears the Lord? If so, thank God for them and then tell them what they have meant to you. Go out of your way to tell them how they have blessed your life!

1 comments:

The Goebels said...

this is great! i am going to make sure i do this