Friday, April 3, 2009

Women and their Words

I remember the sermon I first heard about KTN...Is it Kind, Is it True, Is it Necessary? Sounds simple enough, but is it? Women & their words! We love to talk, don't we? So are we Kind, True and Necessary with our words? I wish I was and I am sure you do, too. Now if my KTN "radar" would just trip inside my head before my mouth started working!

We can't separate the 3 parts of KTN when it comes to our words if we do then here's what we get...

Kind - flattery, telling someone what we think they want to hear, and fake
True - harsh, unhelpful, becomes offensive
Necessary - unneeded information, clatter, clutter, and even annoying

So with all our words that we use as women, my thought is simple yet complex...

No matter what I say is it:
Kind
True
Necessary

If it is NOT all 3...then the KTN "radar" needs to go off and keep it silent!

3 comments:

Grace said...

I wish I could buy a KTN radar at Best Buy! I am a repeat offender!

Love, Lynwood said...

haha wow i just realized how difficult it is to keep KTN all together!

The Goebels said...

my mouth is always getting me into trouble...good thoughts here jj