Friday, May 8, 2009

Influence

Influence:
1. the act or power of producing an effect without apparent force or direct authority
2. the power or capacity of causing an effect in indirect or intangible ways

My question: Are you influencing? OR Is it more like power and control?

I am SO NOT the helpless female type. My mind does not drift towards...if I only had a "man" to help me with... Being "needy" isn't my style. Neither am I powerless to take care of myself. I tend to be pretty "self-sufficient". I am super "single" woman! (hear me roar) Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...you get the picture.

But wait...it's NOT about the roar...it's all about the purr?
Chapter 9...Why Holler When You can Purr

Having power and contol does NOT create influence! When I look back on the times of influence...it had nothing to do with being "Large & In Charge". Influence lasts...being in control just happens "because I said so". I have been so busy trying to stay on top, keep it together, be in control, or administrate that I have lost sight of the goal...make a difference & influence.

Maybe you've been there, too! I am reminded of the words by a comedian...
"You know what a screamer is....it's someone you don't pay ANY attention to!"

So...how's your influence?
Looking back at our definition...it doesn't say ROAR...it says PURR!

Psalm 25:4-5
Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me, and my hope is in you all day long.

Unless I sit at the feet of Jesus and soak in His servant heart and ways...I will not have the influence He designed me to have. Come soak in Jesus with me!


JJ

0 comments: