Friday, June 26, 2009

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

I have been a huge Disney fan since I was a little girl. I even went to Walt Disney World in Florida the 1st year it was open...of course I didn't realize that at the time...I was just so excited that I got to touch Pluto's nose, ride the carousel, watch characters like Goofy water ski on the lake, see Mary Poppins & Herbie in the parade and ride It's A Small World over and over. (I am sure my parents loved that!) In spite of all that I never really dreamed of a Prince or the perfect wedding or riding off into the sunset and living happily ever after. Kinda weird for a girl. I was drawn to the stories like Mary Poppins where the KIDS got what was best in the end.
I was always amazed by animation and by the time it would take to draw every little movement of an animated film. As a child I was always trying to draw cartoons. I always loved to draw. Unfortunately, it was NOT my gift or talent. I still enjoyed it, but it wasn't my gift.
As I grew older I started reading and enjoying the story of Walt Disney (the man)...yes kids that is REALLY a person's name...not just a company or theme park. I always loved the part of the Wonderful World of Disney where Walt would be standing by the map of Florida and share his "dreams" about that land. Of course it was all reruns by that point and Walt was no longer alive, but I didn't realize all of that. What BIG dreams he had.
My mom's cousin (who worked for Kodak) used to tell the story about when he was able to go down to Florida and was shown "the dream" of Walt Disney World. It was out in the middle of no where, in a little trailer, out in the middle of the swamp where he was offered a chance to "get in on the dream" and even offered lifetime passes to the park if he wanted "in on the dream". I can still hear him laughing about it...if he could have only dreamed that big!
Walt dreamed big...what amazes me still is that some of his ideas are just NOW becoming a part of the Wonderful World of Disney...and Walt has been gone since 1966! Wow what a dreamer!
How about you? Do you dream BIG and though faith expect God to pull it off? What's your big dream? Have you given it to God? Do you believe He can do it? Have you quite dreaming? God has so much He wants to give you and wants to bless you. Dream BIG! Don't settle for less than His best!
For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.
Philippians 4:13
JJ

0 comments: