Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Believing We Are Brave

Ok, I have to admit that I did not read this week. Where does the time go??? I know that I have to make a post every Wednesday and every Wednesday morning I wake up saying, "OH NO, IT"S WEDNESDAY!" I am pretty sure it comes the same time each week, but still I "forget" it's Wednesday. So admitting that, I skimmed the chapters and what stuck out for me was about the Brave Women. We can each be brave, but there is a certain fear that I think tries to take us down every time we try to be brave.
I know in my life it takes a lot for me to believe that I can do certain things. How many times do we tell ourselves, "If God is with us, who then can be against us"? But do we really believe that and take that to heart when we have a difficult situation we are facing?

Here is what God promises us...
*You did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." (Romans 8:15)
*God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:17)
*Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 3:6)
*On my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. (Acts 2:18)

When we feel God pulling us to do something, if we can remember theses promises, we can accomplish the impossible!

Have a great week and BE BRAVE!

1 comments:

jj said...

Funny...I read it twice and came up with Brave, too! =)