Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Who's your Idol?

First I have to say...GO CHRIS! He seemed to me all along like the underdog, but I just loved how humble and shocked he was to win. WooHoo! Ok enough of American Idol. I really want to take this another direction. My fellow bloggers have talked about what God thinks about idols and other Gods. However in life I think it is really important to have people in our lives that we can look up to and have as role models. I am just a little concerned about who our kids are choosing to look up to these days. Brittany, Lindsay, Paris... Need I say more??? Who should we be comparing ourselves to?
What about the soldiers that have given their lives to serve our country? After this weekend of fun and bbqs, I thought of all the men and women that have lost their lives for our freedom. What about all the civilians who risked their lives to save someone on 9-11? I got this e-mail and it hit home...



I hope we can all rethink who our idols are!

0 comments: