Friday, May 29, 2009

Ok, I'll admit it...I never caught the whole American Idol craze...I can't even tell you who the contestants are...am I pitiful or what? So no comments here with that. Sorry Staceracer, that one was all yours! =) hee,hee

There are many passages about idol worship in scripture. In thinking about idols this week I read several things and then looked it up in the dictionary. I found the 3 definitions interesting.

1. an image worshiped as a god
2. a false god
3. an object of passionate devotion

I found it interesting that even the dictionary said an idol was FALSE. It really easy to say, oh I'm ok...I don't have any little statues around that I worship...or do we? Anything that takes a higher place than God is an idol. I think we as Americans we are bombarded by things that can easily become idols. Good things...cool stuff, kids, sports, people, work, family, music, or hobbies can become idols.

Exodus 20:2 - You shall have no other gods before me.

So who or what do you give more time or importance to than God. Keep God #1.

0 comments: