Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Super Mom

So often I find myself getting caught up in the daily routine of being a mom. Taking the kids to school, helping with homework, cooking dinner, driving them to soccer practice....Super Mom...all in a days work. But what really makes a mom a supermom? Although the daily activities are important, are those the things I want to be remembered for? As I was reading through Proverbs this week I couldn't help but ask myself these questions. What are the lasting values I want to instill in my girls and am I being a good example of what a Christian woman and mother should be? Am I trustworthy, kind, generous, diligent, compassionate and wise? Do I strive every day to follow the Lord Jesus Christ and to make his presence known? There are many days that I fall far short of this goal, but can my children see that I am trying? Do they understand that these things are truly the important things in life?

In Proverbs 31 vs. 28 it says...."Her children arise up, and call her blessed." How lucky would I be if someday my own children would call me blessed. If the legacy I leave is not what I've done for them, but what I've instilled in them.


2 comments:

Grace said...

Oh very cute girls...is that redhead in the background yours to (LOL). Good stuff today!

Love, Lynwood said...

Wow Stacy...well said!
That kinda makes me wonder if my mother thinks the same lol...